Our Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate is the industry’s most popular entry-level qualification. It’s ideally suited for those with a passion for health and fitness, who are looking for an exciting career change. Gyms, leisure centres and health clubs are vibrant and fast-paced places to work, and they require motivated and knowledgeable professionals to teach exercise to their members.
The course also forms the first stage in achieving the highly desirable personal trainer status.
Being a gym instructor means that no two days are the same. It’s an incredibly varied role that could have you doing anything from performing inductions for members, maintaining exercise equipment, giving diet advice, and planning sessions – the list goes on. Our qualification will make sure you can hit the ground running.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise (H/600/9013 )
- Work With Clients to Help Them to Adhere to Exercise and Physical Activity (A/601/7361)
- Reflect On and Develop Own Practice in Providing Exercise and Physical Activity (F/601/7362 )
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health (A/600/9017 )
- Promote Health, Safety and Welfare in Active Leisure and Recreation (D/601/4484 )
- Plan and Prepare Gym-Based Exercise (J/601/7363 )
- Instruct and Supervise Gym-Based Exercise (L/601/7364 )
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will be eligible for registration with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)